Chianti DOCG 2018 – Cinelli Colombini

£14.30

The first vintage as a fully certified organic wine, this Chianti Superiore shows a rich nose with ripe fruit berries and aromas and typical floral scents. Incredibly bilance on the palate with ripe tannins and good acidity.

Did you know: The first Chianti wine zone was officially demarcated by Grand Duke Cosimo Medici III in 1716. Chianti wines must contain a minimum of 70% Sangiovese with other native and international varieties allowed for the remaining 30%.

Availability: In stock

SKU: CNCL-CHSP-2018 Categories: , , ,

Mix and Match different wines to save even more ! Your discount will automatically be applied during checkout.

Quantity Price
3 -5 £13.58
6 -11 £12.88
12 + £12.16

Create your mixed case: Mix and Match your favourite wines and and save up to 15% when you buy 12 or more.
Colour
Ruby
FLAVOURS
Floral
Red fruit
Black fruit
Palate

Sweetness

Acidity

Tannins

Body

Abv
12,5%
Serve At
18°
Food Pairing
Aperitif
Thai
Pizza
Cheese (soft, mild)
Country

Region

Toscana

Grape Variety

Sangiovese

Producer

Donatella Cinelli Colombini

Certification

Organic

DONATELLA CINELLI COLOMBINI

Casato Prime Donne, the first Italian winery staffed entirely by women has reached International success thanks to the quality of its Brunello. Fattoria del Colle is a treasure chest of memoirs where visitors can experience the history of the Tuscan countryside in the midst of uncontaminated and organically cultivated nature.

Donatella Cinelli Colombini left her family’s estate to start her own, made up of Casato Prime Donne in Montalcino and Fattoria del Colle in Trequanda. Together with the vineyards, and the farmhouses in need of repair Donatella received some Brunello wine, and so she needed a cellar master to rack, age and bottle it. She called the Enology school in Siena, asking for a good student to hire as her cellar master. They answered that they had none; cellar masters had to be booked, years in advance. When Donatella asked the same question, specifying however that she wanted a female cellar master, the answer changed. There were many women available, as no winery would employ them. Realising the great gap in opportunities, Donatella Cinelli Colombini developed her project finalised in reducing this discrimination and demonstrating that the production of fine wines does not depend on muscles but on the passion and the talent that both genders have in equal measure.

You might also enjoy